December 31, 2010

NOTD: OPI Eiffel For This Color, Weird Layering Experiment & The Contest Winner

I've been wearing OPI Eiffel For This Color since yesterday. I have also made some layering over it and the result was very unexpected. I meant to do a post about it last night, but I was simply too lazy *lol*


I got these two polishes shown here in a recent swap with Erin.


OPI Eiffel For This Color is a beautiful dark and vampy cherry red shade with subtle shimmer, that just glows under the sunlight. I really love this colour and I just *need* it in a full size bottle.

Here it is, 2 coats (you can clik on the pic to see the shimmer):




Later on I was thinking, how about some layering... I picked out OPI Pearl Of Wisdom and I wasn't sure what result to expect - a bit more shimmery red, maybe. Well, I was surprised. This is how it turned out:



Like a purple/green duo-chrome. What do you think?


********************


And here is the winner of Monthly Contest for December:




Congrats, nail crazy! :D I'll send you an e-mail asap.


********************


I wish you all HAPPY NEW YEAR! :*



_____________________________________________
Song of the day: Vaya Con Dios - Heading for a fall

20 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the first color! It's awesome!

    Happy New Year!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colours you got there!
    Happy happy new year too Biba!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour when layering is really amazing, it's so different to the original colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Silence is Loud: I'm glad you like it! :D

    @ Andrea: Thanks! Have fun celebrating New Year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ria: Thanks, you're very kind! :)

    @ MartianDelights: I know, it's really different from the base colour! O.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year Biba and all the best in 2011!
    Hugs and kisses for my favorite polish-girl :-)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Diana: I wish you all the best New Year too!
    You're really one of the kindest people I know! :*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year!
    I love that polish layered and congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year honey.

    oo love these and this whole layering thing to change the colour is nice. Seen a few of these may have to invest.... lol

    t xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats to the winner! lol sometimes i don't have New years resolutions too :P or i made them and dont care about them later LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Toesthattwinkle!: Happy New Year!
    I'm glad you like the result of this layering experiment :D

    @ tracymiami: Happy New Year to you too! :)
    You should get one of this layering polishes. It's fun to play with them *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Jennifer: I don't think I know a person who actually sticks to the New year's resolutions... *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow,lucky me :-)
    thanks a lot!!!
    wish you a happy happy new year dear biba :-)
    eftc is absolutly killer,i love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ nail crazy: Yay! :D
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Purple/green duochrome? What's not to like? :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the first one a lot :) Thanks for sharing :)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Ulmiel: :D

    @ Sara.H: I love OPI Eiffel For This Colour too, it's such a pretty shade.
    Let it be a good year for all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It turned out so beautiful! I'm always scared about putting layers of other polishes because I'm scared it won't look good...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I understand what you mean. You can't know how the layering will turn out *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it :)