July 12, 2011

Empty! #2

Today I have for you part 2 of my "Empty!" series.

It can be quite hard to collect five empty cosmetic packaging, but not becuse I would have troubles emptying them. I usually throw away empty packaging and remember that I might use it for the blog post when it's already too late. Anyway, let's take a look at which products I have finished lately.



1. Alverde Coffein-Shampoo Grüner Kaffee; around 2,5€.
I think this was my third bottle of Alverde Coffein-Shampoo. I have very sensitive scalp that can get irritated so easily and my hair is very thin and oily. So it is really hard for me to find a shampoo that actually works for me. And this one does. So far I'm satisfied with it - it gets the job done, it's gentle and cheap.
Repurchase: Yes.

2. Lush Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar; around 5€.
I must admit, I am not a Lush fan. I know many of you are, but I am not. My first experience was horrible. Couple of years ago when I have found out about Lush, I was really into it - it sounded so interesting and nice. After a lot of searching and reading about their stuff on the Internet, I went to their store and bought the biggest bottle of Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel. I just couldn't wait to get into shower, because it smelled just divine. Boy, that didn't turn out well. I got some serious alergic reaction next morning - half of my body was covered with tiny red / blood dots. At first I didn't suspect that it's the shower gel, but after I used it again and whole story repeated, I knew what to blame. (Ooops, I apologize for this intermezzo.)
Anyway, I got this Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar, because I adore hot tubs. So the last time I was around Lush store I have decided to give it another try. I bought this bubble bath. It looked so cute - colourful and flower shaped. 100g packaging is enough for three times. I was not convinced this time either - there were lots of bubbles for sure, but the floral smell was a bit too much for me and my skin felt so dry even after a moisturizing lotion.
Repurchase: No.

3. Nuxe Tonific Deodorant; around 10€.
I never buy the same deodorant more than twice in a row. Either I get tired of the smell or I get the feeling my skin got use to it, sometimes I just like to try something new... But Nuxe Tonific Deodorant is one of my favourite deodorants. I have bought many bottles through the years. As it is a deodorant, not antitranspirant, you don't get that "all day dry feeling". In my case, I stay dry for couple of hours and then I usually repeat the application. I really like the smell of it too - it's subtle and nice. It doesn't leave any residue on the clothes. It's very gentle to the skin - I can use it right after shaving and I get no irritations.
Repurchase: Yes.

4. Essence Multi Action Mascara; 2,5€.
I'm sure there was enough said about this mascara on other beauty blogs. I like everything about it, but I am not an expert or very demanding when it comes to mascara. The price tag is what usually guides me when buying a mascara, especially when you suppose to throw away the mascara after three months or so.
Repurchase: Yes.

5. Eco Cosmetics Baby & Kids Body Lotion (with pomegranate and sea buckthorn); I think the original price was around 15€, but I bought when it was 70% off, so I paid around 4€.
This is a very rich and nourishing lotion. It smells nice (pomegranate, I guess), applies nicely, absorbs in the skin too, but it leaves some sort of layer behind - when you know you have something on your skin. It can be a bit too much for someone with normal skin like mine, especially now when the days are warmer. Maybe I should try it in the Winter time.
Repurchase: No.


If you have any question about the products reviewed in this post, don't be afraid to ask.


Thanks for reading!



_____________________________________
Song of the day: Boston - Peace of mind

6 comments:

  1. @ nail crazy: Ja, v mesecu dni se kar nekaj nabere... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opa, si pa pridna:) Alverde šampon pa tudi jaz uporabljam non stop, še dobro, da je poceni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Klara: Hehe, ja izgleda, da res kar pridno praznim svoje zaloge :)

    Tale šampon pa je res super za to ceno. Upam samo, da ne bodo v prihodnje kaj sestavin spreminjali, kot to pri Alverde radi počnejo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't read this post when you uploaded it.
    I totally agree with what you say about mascaras. I definitely wouldn't pay 30€ for a product I have to throw away after 6 months.
    I'm not very demanding when it comes to mascara either. I'm quite reconciled to the fact that I have thin lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ marox79: I hope it works fine now...

    I totally agree with you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it :)